Peanut butter pretzels are a great project and a super yummy snack! The best part is that no baking is required. When mine were little and bored, we loved these little kitchen projects. You get to spend quality time together, if your kiddos are young, this is great for small motor skills, and they get to be creative with decorating. Try to find as many different types of sprinkles or small candy so the decoration options can be endless. If you want to get really fancy, you could buy different colors of chocolate melts or melt white chocolate and mix your own colors with food coloring. My kids used to love anything with many different color choices. Happy dipping!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 60 pretzels
- Candy Melts
I did not invent this recipe, however, I modified it. Some recipes call for brown sugar and butter and I just don’t like it that sweet, especially when giving it to little kiddos. They are really good with only the confectioner’ sugar and make a better snack then a super sweet treat but you can decide for yourself.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar together
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into a ball and sandwich between 2 pretzels. Repeat until mixture is gone
- Microwave, using a microwave-safe bowl, candy melts, 20-30 seconds at a time until smooth, do not overcook
- When pretzels are ready dip in chocolate, decorate and place on parchment paper tray to set
- Store for up to 10 days in refrigerator